Top Ten Most Surreal Mummy Moments
In the hope of winning some Ideal Home tickets, I have joined in the Mummy Bloggers Carnival over at Wives and Daughters and had a go at my top ten most surreal moments. I am fairly confident that I will think of 10 better ones the minute I publish this but hey ho...
- Having a snot cardy, my three year old seems to prefer my cardy to a tissue.
- Explaining the difference between nipples and boobies (and no, I am not going to repeat that conversation here)
- Having a conversation about how the 'sink burped'
- Daughter in the middle of a tantrum lying on the bathroom floor, stops tantrum to announce, 'I am longer than the mat' (meaning the bathroom mat). If I knew you could stop a tantrum that easily, I would have small mats all over the place.
- Explaining why you can't wear shorts in the snow.
- All the 'how old do you have to be to...' get married, have babies, have a house on my own, have a boyfriend...etc chats.
- After Remembrance Day, discussing how many of our relatives died in the wars, and were they up in heaven with the cat, or do animals have a separate heaven?
- Having a conversation with my husband to say that no, our children can not have tea. Not until they can say 'please can I have a nice cup of tea'. (I still saw them having sips before they could do sentences!)
- Whilst passing small gate house, 'Who do you think lives there Mummy, elves or pixies?'
- Realising that from five onwards daughters are basically teenagers, with eye rolling and professional ignoring.