Kreative Blogger - Interesting Things
I have been given the very lovely Kreativ Blogger award by Tattooed Mummy, thank you for this. However, there are strings attached and I have to follow the rules below:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award - Check
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog - Check
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award - Check
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. OK on to that in a minute.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers - Check (see below)
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate - Check
7. Let the nominated
OK then. Seven things people might find interesting...Hmmmmm
So I asked my husband and - bless him - he came out with loads of loveliness, about my open mindedness and how I see the good in people - but after we got past that, he helped me with some of the below:
- I think I may be more tattooed than Tattooed Mummy. I have had: a symbol for Libra on the base of my spine, then when I got engaged, my future husbands star sign, which is Taurus, put around it - Then when I had Heather (child number 1) I had Scorpio added to that. Oh, I forgot, my first tattoo - which I had when I was 29, was a daisy on my shoulder, then I had a Virgo symbol round that for Lola (Child number 2 - there was no more room on the base of my spine) - and now I also have a sort of squirly hand drawn thing on my shoulder which took two goes until I got it right. Tattooing is addictive.. I would like something else, somewhere else, but I am not sure where - any suggestions? A little bit of squirly tattoo on view above.
- I don't like velvet - It is like nails down a blackboard to me. When I was a teenager, when we went on coach trips I had to take something to sit on to avoid the velour (cheap velvet is even worse). When I had my first baby people who didn't know us that well sent her velvet clothes...sorry - she never wore them. As time has gone on, I cope with this, my children have the odd velvety toy which I sometimes have to move with my thumb and forefinger with a look on my face like I have smelt something really bad. ***shudder*
- I won't eat anything I have kept as a pet. I have no idea where this has come from, but I will not eat rabbit (Harvey the Rabbit was my big rabbity friend when I was a kid, and I won't eat duck - Bubble and Squeak - the ducks, were great - they thought they were chickens - And yes I had chickens, but they are pure evil and deserve to be eaten - there is another blog there)
- I like Sci-fi and X Factor - I have a very mixed taste in my TV. I can happily watch Dr Who, V, StarTrek, Stargate - and then turn over and watch X Factor, So you think you can Dance etc. It's the same with films - I love a big all action film (watched Gamer last night) but will happily watch StarTrek, 28 Days Later, Hot Fuzz, anything with Sandra Bullock - old films - The Road movies with Bob Hope were great, Chicago is fab. I love a film, me. The same goes for books and Music - I have just finished the first couple of (kids books) Vampire Assistant saga, and I am now reading a Nick Hornby and my Husband took me to see LCD Sound System - which I had never heard of before - but now love. I will try any genre once - just to see. You don't get old if you can keep your mind open.
- We have had a hamster for one week - her name is Bella and she is a Chinese Winter Dwarf Hamster (apparently) and she is the angriest little animal that I have ever met - I have had hamsters before but never have they stood up on their hind legs and shouted at me in weird Hamster sounds before. I am a little bit afraid of her you can see her here or below.
- 'You know more about Ireland than any English person should know' This is a quote from my husband, I am not entirely sure what he means, but I have known him 17 years been married for 9, known his family for most of the 17 and been back and forth between Birmingham and the West Coast of Ireland (and Dublin) for years.
- And finally, and I am not sure this is interesting or surprising. I am a geek, I love technology. If I could cuddle it I would. I love that I can talk to people without seeing them or with seeing them, I love push buttony stuff, I love love love digital photography and all the joy that brings me. If I could sit at home and play with new technology I would be the happiest girl in the world, but alas it is not so.
Now who to share the joy with.